Come Join Me Over Here!

Hi there!

I'm glad you've come to read my blog, but unfortunately I don't live here any more!

Feel free to trawl through my archives or look up my posts on Scoliosis which will always be at home here, but when you're ready please come and join me at my new home:


See you there!

Catherine Ann x

Sunday, 21 April 2013

About Me!


I wonder how many people read my blog who don’t know me in real life. Probably not many, but if you do, you might like to know a few things about the person who slaves for hours for your entertainment... and if you’re already a friend, you might discover something new! So here are a few fun facts about Catherine Ann Minnock, to bridge the gap between this theme and the next. (I’ve been busy,  leave me alone).

I am incredibly lazy with some things, and incredibly motivated with others. My essays for school are almost always done on time, but I have been known to use the tumble-dryer as my personal laundry basket because I can’t be bothered to sort out my clothes. If I can do something online instead of going out, I will. That’s how I end up owning a lot of clothes which very nearly fit.

I have a Costa Coffee Club card. I have been to Costa Coffee once. That’s when they gave me the card.

You already know that I write stories, but did you know that I have twice seen people who look exactly like my characters? One was just in passing around two years ago, one I actually got to know. Both times, I nearly had a heart attack.

I’m one of those people who knows exactly what I want to do for the next several years, when I probably shouldn’t have such a fixed idea yet. I want to go to university in the UK and study English and History. My brother met his wife at uni... so after that, who knows? I will always write, though. I have to.

Oh, yes, I have three brothers: they are six, ten and twelve years older than me. I’ll probably add them to the “Introducing My Friends” post as soon as I can think of some suitable nicknames for them. When 
I was very small, my youngest brother and I really didn’t get on (he called me smelly, I hit him with a lamp... the usual) and I would wish I had a sister, but now I realise I couldn’t have grown up in a better family. They are the best people you will meet, and I’ve always been treated so well that nowadays if a boy doesn’t hold a door open for me I feel hopelessly confused.

I can’t function without a cup of tea in the mornings. I can take or leave coffee, but I must have my tea. I’m Irish, what can I say?

I read my horoscope every day.

I tend to agree with people or not share my opinion about something just so as not to get into an argument... maybe this is a sign that I’m growing up? However I also don’t tend to say “sorry” or “pardon” if I don’t hear someone. I just say “mm” and smile. So perhaps this is just more laziness...

I remember just about everyone from my past, but they often don’t remember me.

I recently discovered I have little or no control over my own eyebrows. 

I am a huge Harry Potter fan.

I am part of a Youth Theatre group and love acting almost as much as writing. Last year I co-wrote and starred in a site-specific production, and that was just about as heavenly as it gets. There was also cake.

I love cake. 

1 comment:

  1. Ah, by the way, I seem to be on Google Plus and I'm not sure I fully understand it... if any Wise Owls are reading this, could they explain what it means when people +1 my posts? And any other info I'll need to survive? Love you all.

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment, I value all kinds of feedback and opinions! I read and reply to every single one, so don't be shy! Come and say hello :)