Come Join Me Over Here!

Hi there!

I'm glad you've come to read my blog, but unfortunately I don't live here any more!

Feel free to trawl through my archives or look up my posts on Scoliosis which will always be at home here, but when you're ready please come and join me at my new home:


See you there!

Catherine Ann x

Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Interruptions and Introductions

I’m afraid the Scoliosis Story has been interrupted twice now... the truth is that there was a lot of morphine involved (that’s right, I’m hard) so I’m having to think really carefully about my time in hospital and ask family and friends what actually happened where my memory’s failing me.

In the meantime, there are a few little things I’d like to mention. If you’re reading this before 7pm on Thursday, then make sure you tune in to Midlands 103 if you’re in Laois/Offaly/Westmeath or find the broadcast online at www.midlandsradio.fm because I’ll be on the air talking about this very blog— namely the art competition. If you’re coming to us after the show, I hope it went well (did I mess up? Did I?!) and you can find all the details you need for the contest here.

I’ve been having lots of fun with my “Six of the Best” from Blog Every Day In May, and I hope you all enjoyed those posts. A couple of the challenges in May were to mention other blogs you like, so I’ve decided to do that, too, in order to introduce you to some wonderful people and to give you a little taster of what will be coming up in the next few weeks.

First of all, if you’re a regular to the blog, you’ll have heard of Crow and Bambi. If not, check the “features” tab at the top. It’s hard to believe a year ago I didn’t even know them and now they have such an important place in my life. They also just happen to be two amazing writers.

Bambi and I started our blogs around the same time, so it was really exciting to take those first steps together! What I like about her blog is that she talks about problems she’s having, but not in a whiney teenager-ish way. She takes her experiences, good or bad, and thinks about how they have affected her and how things can be improved. That’s something I think all teens should be doing and it’s very close to what I’m trying to achieve here at Unlucky For Some. Her blog can be found at www.everythingandanythingtolove.blogspot.ie

When I met Crow for the first time, he’d already been blogging for a while. This was brilliant as it meant someone shy like me could go to the site and get to know him! The results: he’s hilarious and really clever. I think you’ll all love his posts, which are short and to the point. (Something which you guys can probably tell I struggle with). Crow talks about whatever takes his fancy, but always has something interesting to say. Another thing I like about him as a person is that he is able to take a step back from a situation and accept the views of other people, which makes for a really refreshing read over at www.dearsaul.wordpress.com

The first blog I ever really paid attention to was by a lovely lady named Jenni. It was just before Unlucky For Some was born and I needed some advice, so I went looking for tips and she has some great ones! She’s an excellent writer and photographer and I think you guys will enjoy her witty posts and the little snapshots of her life and her hometown... I wish I lived in Austin as she makes it sound so very appealing! I must say she’s very friendly if you comment or get in touch, so have a chat to her at www.storyofmylifetheblog.blogspot.com

I also adore Literary Bits, a recent discovery full of little tips and tricks for writing. It’s my go-to now when I’m stuck on a story! The posts are short and sweet but packed full of useful info which any writer (whether they blog, report, write fiction, anything) should take on board. Check out www.literarybits.com for help, encouragement, advice and even sympathy when it’s all going wrong. Even the comment threads are full of lovely writers to chat to!

So I’ll be citing these four blogs in late July when I begin to talk about writing and what it means to me. However, my next theme’s actually going to be about crafts and all things DIY. A blog I’ve found really useful for this is... (last one, I promise!)


Creating Laura! I discovered this site ages ago when looking for ways to revamp my old clothes, partly because I love sewing and partly because I hate spending money when it can be helped. This site has really simple ideas with clear pictures to show you what can be done even if you’ve never “crafted” in your life! There’s also some more advanced stuff as Laura’s a keen knitter. I haven’t tried any of those yet, but I can’t wait as she explains all the stitches really easily. Go get creating at www.creatinglaura.com for anything from clothes and accessories to a DIY calendar! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to leave a comment, I value all kinds of feedback and opinions! I read and reply to every single one, so don't be shy! Come and say hello :)