Come Join Me Over Here!

Hi there!

I'm glad you've come to read my blog, but unfortunately I don't live here any more!

Feel free to trawl through my archives or look up my posts on Scoliosis which will always be at home here, but when you're ready please come and join me at my new home:


See you there!

Catherine Ann x

Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Crafty Little Things... Sew Impressive

Aaargh! So all those times I said “tomorrow” in my last post? Yeah, sorry about that. A lot happened  that evening, then I went on a 4k walk yesterday—for me, that’s like, solid exercise people. More on that later. I’m hoping the punny title makes up for it?

Anyway, today I’ll be sharing some pictures of thing sewn by myself and my friends, because what can I say:

I’m a material girl.

Hahahahaha.

Anyway. Here you go! Hope you get some inspiration once you see what (relatively) normal people can do!

Let me apologise (I seem to be doing that a lot today) about the picture quality on some of these... I hope you can get the general idea! Specially sorry to Duchess for not doing her beautiful work justice with a camera. 

PRETTY LITTLE STOOL:
I sewed some spare Cath Kidston swatches onto an old piece of fabric and tied it on to the freshly-painted old stool with ribbon. Simples.










TANK TOP MADE FROM T-SHIRT:
 This was inspired by Creating Laura but I added some bows when the straps wouldn’t sit quite right on me.

I know you're all wondering--we buy this radioactive detergent in Aldi ;) 


BAG BY DUCHESS:
I’ll give more details on Duchess’ work in a later post, once I’ve consulted with her to make sure I’'ve got my facts right! That’s probably when I’ll gush about how pretty it all is, too.

Bracelet (and hand) model's own... 

This bag's also got a pretty lining, I'll go into that more later. 


HANDBAG BY DUCHESS:


APRON BY DUCHESS:

I wear this when I make all those tasty treats you see here on Unlucky For Some! 




SLEEVELESS TOP BY BAMBI:
Bambi made this from one of her dad’s old shirts, using a cuff to make the bow!







I hope these pictures have inspired you to try something of your own. Check back for tips from Duchess, and to see the next t-shirt I have which is half-made. I’ve also set myself a challenge of making something for Crow, even though he’s a boy and boys are icky, so watch this space and wish me luck! 

2 comments:

  1. Your tank top looks great! I love your idea to add bows to it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! I can't wait to try out some more ideas from your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment, I value all kinds of feedback and opinions! I read and reply to every single one, so don't be shy! Come and say hello :)