Come Join Me Over Here!

Hi there!

I'm glad you've come to read my blog, but unfortunately I don't live here any more!

Feel free to trawl through my archives or look up my posts on Scoliosis which will always be at home here, but when you're ready please come and join me at my new home:


See you there!

Catherine Ann x

Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Food, Glorious Food... Autumn Vegetable Soup


So maybe I made this recipe because my mum’s been buying copious amounts of sweet potatoes lately. Or maybe I wanted you all to have something nice for your Thermos. Either way, enjoy!



HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED...
1 large onion
2 large carrots
1 sweet potato
1 red pepper
Cloves of garlic, to taste
Vegetable stock cube
Black pepper
Olive/sunflower oil (just a splash)
And a blender!

...AND HERE’S WHAT YOU DO:
1) Dice the onion, carrot and sweet potato. Place them all in a large saucepan with a splash of olive oil and begin to sauté.
2) Make up about a litre of vegetable stock (just pour the boiling water over the stock cube, everyone) and pour it onto the vegetables after five minutes.  
3) Bring to the boil and leave to simmer. Crush in the garlic, then chop up the pepper and add it to the pan.
4) Simmer for around 15-20 mins, until all the vegetables are cooked through. Then leave to cool for a while and carefully pour the mixture into a blender.
5) Blend until smooth, then transfer back to the pan and reheat the soup. Stir in black pepper to taste.

6) Enjoy! This is delicious with wholemeal or soda bread. Why not stick it in your thermos for a healthy lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to leave a comment, I value all kinds of feedback and opinions! I read and reply to every single one, so don't be shy! Come and say hello :)