Come Join Me Over Here!

Hi there!

I'm glad you've come to read my blog, but unfortunately I don't live here any more!

Feel free to trawl through my archives or look up my posts on Scoliosis which will always be at home here, but when you're ready please come and join me at my new home:


See you there!

Catherine Ann x

Saturday, 1 March 2014

Surviving 'Til Summer... watch and read list!

Surviving Till Summer…


I’ve just been informed that there are only about fourteen weeks left till the summer holidays! Unfortunately, that means twelve till the State exams… but I’m not gonna go there. I learned my lesson one heart attack ago!

Instead, I’m going to concentrate on my plans for summer and therefore remember, as millions of people have told me, that there is indeed life after the Leaving Cert.

In studying for the orals and then the written exams, I’m sacrificing a lot of time that should be spent doing useful stuff like reading and watching TV. So I’ve decided to write a list of things I want to hole up and watch/read during the summer. I’m sure I will go out and do things at some point between finishing exams and (fingers crossed) starting Uni. After all, I have an eighteenth birthday to celebrate (about which I am feeling nothing but terrified) and lots of friends to spend precious time with before I go…

But for now, the most crucial things. Books and TV. Every time I finish a book/ watch a bunch of TV shows this summer, I’ll be blogging about them. The list so far is…

THINGS TO WATCH…


(Re-watch) every series of Downton Abbey.

My Mad Fat Diary (I have seen like five minutes of this, and really want to watch it all!)

Re-watch all of One Tree Hill (this used to be like my favourite thing ever, I was gutted when it ended)

Game of Thrones series (should I watch or read these first?)

The Walking Dead

All episodes of Pretty Little Liars. I loved this when it began but only got the chance to watch a few episodes!

THINGS TO READ…


Tethers, by Jack Croxall. He sent me this in ebook form LAST SUMMER and I got too busy to read it once sixth year started. This summer I’ll have time to concentrate and review it properly. Sorry, Jack!

The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald… to find out if anything actually happens in the book.

The Hobbit, by JRR Tolkein. I tried to read “The Lord of the Rings” when I was eight or nine as I loved the idea of it, but I found it a very challenging rea, probably due to my age! I’ve decided to read The Hobbit first as I’ve heard it’s easier to read, and then go on to the full LOTR series if I like it.

A Game of Thrones by George R R Martin. Crow gave this to me for Christmas and I can’t wait to read it, but again I feel like it’s something you’ve got to really concentrate on. At the moment I’m just re-reading my old Maeve Binchys etc because it just seems lazier and more restful reading old books!

The Book Thief

Divergent Series… a lot of my friends are obsessed with these so I can’t wait!

Books by John Green. I was sceptical when I started reading “The Fault in our Stars” but by the end I understood the hype! Now I shall hunt down his other works!

More by Nick Hornby. I’ve read “About A Boy” and he’s just a genius.

Russian Roulette, by Anthony Horowitz. IT’S A NEW ALEX RIDER BOOK, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

(Re-read) all the “Roman Mysteries” books. They’re the reason I want to study History and English at university, and I’ve loved them for years.

Lots and lots of Shakespeare and classics… If I’m going to study Literature, I’d better get reading!



I’ll leave this list up here, and it will probably expand a million-fold before summer begins! Let me know if you have anything to recommend! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to leave a comment, I value all kinds of feedback and opinions! I read and reply to every single one, so don't be shy! Come and say hello :)