Come Join Me Over Here!

Hi there!

I'm glad you've come to read my blog, but unfortunately I don't live here any more!

Feel free to trawl through my archives or look up my posts on Scoliosis which will always be at home here, but when you're ready please come and join me at my new home:


See you there!

Catherine Ann x

Saturday, 26 April 2014

My Busy Little Life (Part 2)

A while ago I wrote a little update on my life, entitled "My Busy Little Life", really because I couldn't think of anything else to write about at that time. I thought it would just fill a gap, that nobody would really be interested in little ol' me, but it was pretty well received. I guess I understand that: it's nice to get a little snapshot of another person's every day life. The little, insignificant things often make for an interesting read. 

Today I'm feeling a bit under the weather and moping round the house, so I thought I'd take a little light relief in the form of a blog post... but I've go zero ideas to tie to a theme right now! 

Instead, you might like to get to know me a little better. Here are some questions I found to answer (I know, my imagination stayed in bed this morning...)

1. Would you rather be twice as smart or twice as happy?

Well, I’d pick being happy over being smart, but right now I’m already happy. So, twice as smart I guess. That would come in very handy in the next couple of months!

2. What's your worst habit?

I bite everything.  My mother is beginning to think I have a very nervous disposition, and she’s probably onto something. It’s usually the inside of my cheek, my nails or the skin around my nails, or pen lids. I have destroyed SO MANY PEN LIDS.
Disgusting, I know. I’m working on it.  

3. Are you dating?
Yes, but it’s not really something I want to talk about on my blog.

4. Do you take shampoo and conditioner bottles from hotels?
 I steal everything that isn’t nailed down from hotels. I currently own about 5 sachets of shoe polish, and have a vast collection of sugar sachets, tea bags, individual coffee servings. The shampoos, conditioners etc, I use right away.

5. What is the one thing you'll never do again?

That’s quite hard to say. I think when you’re my age, you can’t really rule stuff out! I guess I’ll try not to become a shy person again: that did me no favours.


6. Do you collect anything?
Sugar sachets, as mentioned. I’m that girl! I steal them from restaurants, caf├ęs etc… I have some from as far away as Prague and Rome! People tend not to believe this one till they see my three boxes…

7. Worst injury you ever had?
Well, I probably wouldn’t describe my scoliosis sugery as an injury. I broke my finger once when my brother accidentally locked it in a door. That’s about it: I’m very boring so I don’t get injured a lot.

8. What is your favourite pet/ animal?
I have a cat who’s lovely but I long so much for a dog. I once knew a Border Collie named Bonnie and since then I’ve always wanted one.

9. What's your dream vacation?
 Right now, I really fancy Paris. But honestly, I love exploring cities in general.

10. Honestly, are things going the way you planned?
Nope.

Nope, nope, nope, not even a little bit.

It’s mostly for the better, though. I love some people I never intended to meet, and I’ve had some amazing experiences that were never planned. Plans change all the time, and sometimes I’m disappointed, but at this moment, things are good. Very good.

11. Do you have any tattoos?
None. They’re not really my thing, to be honest, but they can be lovely on other people! I don’t think I’d get one unless I felt very strongly about something!

12. What's your secret to lure in the opposite sex?
Uh…

Um.

I’m funny sometimes?

13. Any phobias?

Heights. Even watching someone stand somewhere high up on TV makes my feet and palms sweat!

14.  Do you bite your nails?
Yes! I’ve been good recently though: keeping them painted helps.

15. Do you ever count your steps when you walk? 
Not since I was little, but sometimes I keep to a rhythm, e.g. of a song or poem or something.



16. Heels or flats?
It depends. I like to wear heels when I go out (on those rare occasions!) but I don’t really like feeling tall!

17.Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
No… I know someone who used to, but he can’t be named for legal reasons.  

18. Do you always smile for pictures?
Usually, yes! Everyone looks the most beautiful when smiling. I either smile or pull a funny face, anyway. I can’t understand these pouts and “sultry” looks… they’re quite depressing to me.

19. Do you ever dance even if there's no music playing?
Yes, yes and thrice yes! There’s always music in my head, though.

20.  Do you miss anyone right now?
Lots of people. Many of those I love live quite far away, and unfortunately there have been some losses in my family recently. It makes me appreciate the people I’ve got all the more… even if they do drive me mad.

21. What's your favourite colour?
It used to be blue, but I find myself more drawn to bright yellows now. Does this mean I’m a happier person now?

22. Do you want kids?
I can’t imagine not having kids. It’s always been something I’ve just seen as inevitable. Hopefully I’ll have more than one; ideally three boys then a girl, because that’s what my parents had and we have the loveliest family.

23. Are you patient?
It depends what I’m waiting for!

24. Can you swim?
Yep! It’s probably the form of exercise I… dislike the least! Mum forced me into swimming lessons when I was young, but I’m glad of it now!

25. Tea or coffee
Both, but I’m probably more addicted to tea. Have had to switch to decaf! I also like herbal and fruit teas sometimes.

26. What do you wear to bed?
It depends, usually a t-shirt or nightdress.

27. Ever used a gun? 
Nope! It’s probably not something I would be suited to!

28. Do you sing in the shower?
…Are there people who don’t sing in the shower?

29. Are you stubborn?
I’m usually quite polite and accommodating, but if there’s something I feel strongly about that can change!

30. Are you lazy?
I always think I am, then I look at how much I have achieved, say, in a week, and realise that I’m quite the busybody! I guess when I’m motivated, I never stop.


31. Can you change the oil in a car
I know literally nothing about cars, and I’m dreading having to learn to drive. I just sense I’ll be bad at it.

32. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
I think it was probably thank you letters.

33. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
I think we can safely say nobody wants to see that, even less than I want to do it.

34.What is your favourite food?
Oh God.

I saw this coming.

There are so many! I love most foods, we’d be here all day if I mentioned my favourites. I gave up cheese for Lent and mum got me some Wensleydale with cranberries to celebrate Easter, so that’s definitely a favourite right now.

35. Do you still watch cartoons?
Actually, no. Cartoons stopped appealing to me quite a while ago, which surprised me! Except for The Simpsons: that will always be amazing. And a few animated movies, like “The Emperor’s New Groove” which is a personal favourite!

36. What movie(s) can you watch over and over again and not get bored?
I must have seen Bridesmaids at least 20 times with my friend Wolf, and it’s still hilarious! The Muppets’ Christmas Carol is also amazing any time of year… There are lots more. I love watching films again and again, until the characters are like old friends.

37. What superpower would you have for one day?
Probably something like being invisible or mind reading: I’m sinfully nosy.

38. Whats been your favourite age so far? 
Sixteen. Fifteen was the year I came into my own, and seventeen isn’t over yet but kind of fell apart… sixteen was nigh on perfect.
I think most of my childhood was pretty awesome, though, all things considered.

39. How old are you?
Seventeen!

40. If you could go back in time, what advice would you give your younger self?
Hey, look, you’re still alive! The world didn’t end! Stop panicking, and speak up occasionally. Oh, and you can choose your friends.




41. If you knew you would die in one week, what would you do?
I have honestly no idea. I don’t think I’d do anything wild, I’d just want my loved ones around me.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now I’m depressed.

42. What celebrity would you trade lives with?
I wouldn’t! I don’t know nearly enough about the life I’d be taking!

43. Do people ever take you seriously?
Ugh, not nearly enough ;)

44. What happened the last time you cried?
The last time I cried, it was because I felt so happy I could burst.

So that’s nice.

45. Who knows you best?
Myself. I hesitate to say anyone else! I don’t like when people act like they know me (not to sound like such a stroppy teenager). But it’s definitely my mum and my two best friends.

46.  Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?

I’m quite untidy, so probably open.

47. What is your song of the week?
There are so many! Two spring to mind: “What I Love About Your Love” by Jana Kramer, and “Undermine” by Hayden Panettiere. Ooh, I’ve come over all country in the last few days!

48. Last person you kissed?

My mum.


49. Best thing to eat for breakfast?
I make the nicest French toast. Or pancakes. Anything unhealthy really.

50. Does anyone know the password to your email?

It’s probably fairly easy to guess if you’re a friend! Don’t worry, my emails aren’t that interesting anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to leave a comment, I value all kinds of feedback and opinions! I read and reply to every single one, so don't be shy! Come and say hello :)