Come Join Me Over Here!

Hi there!

I'm glad you've come to read my blog, but unfortunately I don't live here any more!

Feel free to trawl through my archives or look up my posts on Scoliosis which will always be at home here, but when you're ready please come and join me at my new home:


See you there!

Catherine Ann x

Friday, 27 June 2014

Food, Glorious Food... Lemon and Pepper Roast Chicken

This is more of an idea than a recipe, but you’ll thank me for it, I promise! The most beautiful roast chicken. I’m pretty sure real chicken connoisseurs would cringe at my fake chicken flavouring, but you know what? It was tasty.

HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED…
A whole raw chicken
2 tablespoons olive oil
Ground black pepper
1 lemon
1 chicken stock cube
Sunflower oil and assorted veg if desired

…AND HERE’S WHAT YOU DO.
1)      Place the chicken in a deep roasting dish.
2)      In a small bowl or cup, mash the stock cube and as much pepper as is desired into a paste with the olive oil. Then use clean hands to rub this into all visible parts of the chicken.
3)      Quarter the lemon into long wedges and place them one at a time inside the chicken (you know, up it’s… don’t be shy).
4)      This is optional, but I like to chop up some veg and add it to the roasting tin with a splash of sunflower oil. I used carrots and onion this time. Perhaps add them halfway through the cooking process so they don’t get cremated!
5)      Cook at about 180°C for a minimum of two hours. Occasionally, open the oven and use a tablespoon to spread any excess oil over the chicken.
6)      Voila! Serve with boiled or roast potatoes and your favourite veg for a Sunday favourite.

My apologies, but I don’t have a picture for the sole reason that I carried this to the table with the urgency of a nurse carrying a scalpel to a surgeon and we all dug in right away.

No time for a photo shoot… I guess I’ll just have to make it again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to leave a comment, I value all kinds of feedback and opinions! I read and reply to every single one, so don't be shy! Come and say hello :)