Come Join Me Over Here!

Hi there!

I'm glad you've come to read my blog, but unfortunately I don't live here any more!

Feel free to trawl through my archives or look up my posts on Scoliosis which will always be at home here, but when you're ready please come and join me at my new home:


See you there!

Catherine Ann x

Monday, 16 June 2014

What's In My Bag???





I thought this might be a fun post to celebrate the start of the summer holidays—I’m drafting it out in my garden as it’s such a gorgeous day! I realise most girls my age do this “tag” because they’re beauty bloggers/bloggers and what to tell people which products or accessories they use regularly.
Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about beauty products so instead thought it might be fun to do a brutally honest post about what’s really in the bag I haven’t cleaned out in… ever. Here goes!


The bag I use most often is this roomy yellow leather one with a green suede lining. I can’t even take credit for choosing it or tell you where it’s from as it was a gift! I’ve had it nearly two years now and it’s been well loved as you can probably see. I should really give it a bit of TLC in the near future!


So the first thing is this notebook I got early this year. It’s now being used to note down ideas for my latest project (yes, there’s always a project) so it’s going everywhere with me!




…he’s not actually in my bag, he’s just being nosy. 



This green leather purse came with the bag and I use it as much as I can since it's small enough to go anywhere--however I often carry my main purse which actually fits all my cards and change! 




This came attached as well and is for secret emergency supplies. 



Vouchers for swimming lessons I never used as I can already swim, and didn't happen to have €99 knocking around. 




A ticket to a play. 



These are the only "beauty" related items in my handbag right now: there's an emery board, a pot of rose Vaseline, a Nivea chapstick and some Elizabeth Arden lipgloss (I apply all my other makeup in the morning and then as far as I'm concerned it's done for the day--you can take me or leave me). 

There's also a nearly empty pot of Clinique "moisture surge extra-thirsty skin relief" which I've had for absolute ages and am in love with. It's a moisturiser halfway between a cream and a gel. It always cools down my skin, as well as keeping it soft and moist. I feel all hot and yucky if I get too tired so this is ideal for waking me up on long trips--I plan to repurchase soon. 



Look who's bored already!




This lovely bracelet I forgot I owned. 




A map to a friend's school drawn by my mum to give to someone else's mum! The things they do...







Crow gave me this notebook last summer. So far I've only used a few pages.






Numerous sachets of sugar--I always take them from restaurants and currently have two boxes full in the kitchen. Who doesn't, right?



Crumpled receipts for:

  • A pair of tweezers last July.
  • Coconut water last June.
  • Japanese rice snacks three weeks ago. 
  • Tights and knickers last October. 
  • Bobby pins and hair ties last July.





A letter I wrote to my friend in England ages ago and completely forgot to send... Yeah. 





Train and bus timetables. 



Instructions for a Sharp Scientific Calculator. Totally read those. 

A leaflet for Glendeer Pet Farm (must go this summer!)



A shopping list from last December





An artist's business card.




I always seem to have ribbon about my person and have no idea where it all comes from. 




A lemonade bottle lid with sentimental value. I've had it over a year now. 



Look at all this debris ruining my gorgeous bag!

 So you'd think that after all this, I cleared out all the rubbish, sorted my possessions carefully and stored a select few important ones in my freshly cleaned handbag.


Yes, of course I did.


Happy summer, guys! You'll be hearing a lot more from me soon (not a threat). xxx














No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to leave a comment, I value all kinds of feedback and opinions! I read and reply to every single one, so don't be shy! Come and say hello :)