Come Join Me Over Here!

Hi there!

I'm glad you've come to read my blog, but unfortunately I don't live here any more!

Feel free to trawl through my archives or look up my posts on Scoliosis which will always be at home here, but when you're ready please come and join me at my new home:


See you there!

Catherine Ann x

Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Busy Little Life: Life Update


Since I’ve been doing so many different things lately, I decided to give you two separate updates: one on writing, and one on life! You can check out the writing one here.

So I finished school at the end of May and did my last exam on the 12th June, which I’ve already mentioned. That same day, Ferret and his girlfriend came over for a visit. We did all the usual, touristy stuff, visiting places such as Kilbeggan Distillery in county Westmeath. I think she got the idea that all us Irish people are interested in is drinking…




What's everyone else having? 



...I know. Mad. 





In all seriousness, though, the distillery is a really interesting place to visit if you’re at all interested in local/national history, or free booze. Personally the whiskey wasn’t really my thing—nearly took the skin off my mouth—but there you go. They also sell a great selection of whiskey infused marmalades which were more my cup of tea.


Heather and Whiskey was my favourite!



Next up, my mum’s friend from college came for a visit—it’s so great that they keep in touch! She’s also Tiger’s godmother. More touristy-stuff happened, and then it was time for…

My birthday! That’s right: I’m officially an adult now. I can’t recommend the adult part, but the eighteenth birthday part was fab. I was determined to have a lovely party after last year’s fiasco, and so I decided on a barbecue on the day, and to go out with Wolf the following weekend.


It was absolutely brilliant. I was spoiled rotten and it made me feel so loved. I haven’t had the best year and the party reminded me that I’ve actually got some pretty cool people in my life! I got loads of lovely presents which I won’t list off, but I will mention that I got a signed copy of the popular new book “Elizabeth is Missing” by Emma Healey from Tiger and Duchess who know the author. I mention this because I’m going to review it soon as part of my “Summer Watch and Read”.


Another of my three-day love affairs

The following Saturday, I met with a few of my school friends for a meal at the best restaurant in town. We all ate ourselves silly, obviously, and had a great time catching up. It felt really odd sitting beside the people I sat beside at lunchtime every day in the canteen, but this time we were dressed up and eating dinner in a post restaurant. It was a little bit unnerving but again, it reminded me of the awesome people I know. These were the reasons why, when I would come into school feeling awful and wanting to cry, I’d have forgotten all about it by lunchtime. I love you guys! (Sorry, awkward, moving on…)

Afterward, Wolf and I went for cocktails to celebrate… well, the fact that I’m now allowed to drink cocktails. We went to a bar with a live band (i.e. every Irish bar) and tried a few different drinks. As much as I love being part of a large circle of friends, it’s so nice to get together and have a proper chat with her.


"She's such a Samantha."


So what else? I’m struggling to remember—it’s hard being interesting. I went to the cinema with Crow to see Mrs Brown’s Boys D’Movie, which I’m also going to review soon. I dragged him to it as revenge for Godzilla (which I actually enjoyed, but let’s not admit that), but to be honest, I didn’t think it was all it was cracked up to be. What did you guys think, if you’ve seen it?

Then it was off to Galway for two nights with my four oldest friends here in Ireland. I was the one who planned the trip—so it was all on me if things went belly-up, but thankfully we made it home in one piece, with smiles on our faces if a little worse for wear! I’ll tell you all about the trip in another post.
I went up to Dublin with my cousin for her birthday last week, and then she had a party the following weekend (our birthdays are a week apart, and were both on a weekday this year, so we postponed the partying till the weekends!) which was brilliant too, but very tiring after Galway.

Ready for the off! 



So for the last couple of days I’ve done nothing, which has made a hugely welcome change. However, being an adult now means I have to organise myself a bit more. I’ve had to send off Identification Forms to universities and student finance services both here and in the UK. It complicates things a fair bit when you are Irish by descent, but were born in England, but live in Ireland… all kinds of paperwork are highly suspicious of you, and there’s a lot of explaining to do. I don’t think being an adult is going to work out for me at all.


Fortunately, with all that’s going on, I simply haven’t had time to worry about my exam results.

One month to go!


Catherine Ann x


Oh! And I've joined Tumblr! So if you want to follow my posts or ask me a question, you can find me here: 

http://catherineannminnock.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to leave a comment, I value all kinds of feedback and opinions! I read and reply to every single one, so don't be shy! Come and say hello :)